QUESTIONS: TRANSIT OF VENUS
Transits of Venus occurred on the 5th and 6th June 2012 and on 10-11 December 2117. The next transit will occur in December 2125.
- Using the first diagram provided draw and label the position of planet Venus during a transit.
2. Show, on the Sun’s image in the second diagram of the Sun only, what the planet Venus will look like as it transits
3. Find online why the transit of Venus in 2004 was of such significant scientific importance?\
4. Are there any other planets that have a transit of the Sun? Explain your answer.
5. Discuss your answers with your classmate and teacher to check that the content of your answers