Be able to explain and describe the structure of galaxies and material in the universe.
CO -OPERATIVE LEARNING GROUP WORK
• Coloured A4 paper • A3 white paper • Glue sticks
• Felt pens • Scissors
- Divide into groups of 4 – 6
- Assign members a role:
• Leader • Timekeeper
• Designer • Equipment manager
• Clean-up manager
- Research the topics provided to present an A3 poster on the:
• The structure of the Milky Way • Dark matter
• Shapes of galaxies • Distribution of galaxies in the universe
- Every group member must contribute to a portion of the poster.
- Content material could be found by:
• Researching science department textbooks • Google the topics
• Visiting the NASA website • Visiting the library
- Once group members complete their pieces of the work it is their responsibility to teach the
other members of the group.
- Each group is to then present its findings and poster to the entire class.
QUESTIONS: THE STRUCTURE OF GALAXIES AND MATERIAL IN THE UNIVERSE
Choose and present online or in written form a professional presentation on one of the following topics:
- Explain the current theory on dark matter.
- Using a labelled diagram describe the structure of the Milky Way.
- Using labelled diagrams describe the shapes of different galaxies in the universe.
- Explain in your own words the distribution of galaxies in the universe. Use diagrams if it helps
support your explanation.