Calculate simple problems using current, voltage, and resistance. The following equipment was set up during a class experiment.
The voltage was changed on the power pack and the following readings were obtained of both voltage and current.
Plot a graph of voltage versus current on the axis provided. Draw the best fit line and label the graph with correct symbols and units.
1. Why is the nichrome wire placed in water?
2. What does the slope of the graph represent?
3. Calculate the slope of the graph. Show all your working.
4. From the graph, determine the units of the slope.
5. What is the name and symbol commonly given to the units you have determined in question 4?