Research Activity: Atomic
The first 20 Elements
The purpose of this activity is to construct a wall chart of the first 20 elements.
• A4 coloured paper • Glue stick
• Scissors • Rulers, pens, pencils and rubbers
- Break the class into 20 groups. 1-2 people per group is ideal but depending on the class size this
- Each group chooses or is assigned one of the first 20 elements.
- Each group then finds as much information as possible on their element.
- Each group designs an A4 size wall poster of their particular element. Include as much
information as possible on this element.
- Once all the posters are completed, each group presents the information to the class.
- All the posters can then be pinned to the classroom wall.